School: The White Rose Federation – Barlow Church of England Primary School
Address: Park Road, Barlow, YO8 8ES
School Tel: 01757 618319
Email: [email protected]
Executive Headteacher: Mrs. Suzanne MacDonald
Job Title: Class Teacher
Salary: Main Scale 1 – Upper Pay Scale UP3, dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time
Barlow Church of England Primary School
Full Time Class Teacher to start September 2022.
The Executive Headteacher and Governors of the White Rose Federation are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher who will contribute effectively to our journey of school improvement.
We are a small, thriving school in a rural community. Following the introduction of a nursery at the school, the school roll has increased and this has provided an opportunity to expand the staffing structure. We currently have 3 classes in our school. Class 1 is nursery, reception and Year 1, Class 2 is Year 2/3/4 and Class 3 is Year 5/6. The successful candidate will teach in any one of these classes upon appointment, allowing for the right candidate to match the right age range.
You will need to bring creativity, enthusiasm and a passion for learning to our dedicated teaching team. Our school is a welcoming, inclusive, learning community with children at the heart of all that we do. Our collaborative learning ethos and strong parental partnerships ensures that all members of our school community have a love of learning and a determination to ensure that all children achieve their full potential.
- Have a track record of delivering good/outstanding outcomes for children
- Lead planning activities and deliver inspirational lessons to individual groups and classes based upon sound curriculum knowledge
- Identify and address gaps in children’s learning
- Understand the impact of the learning environment upon children and staff
- Monitor children’s progress, assess their achievement, record results and make accurate observations
- Have a ‘can do’ mentality with a desire to overcome any challenges that arise
- Be a team-player with good communication and inter-personal skills
- Have good organisational and time management skills
- Embrace change and be willing to be flexible
- Be committed to professional development and have high expectations of your own practice
- Be prepared to support the Christian ethos of our school.
In return, we offer:
- Mixed-age teaching support
- A clear vision for school improvement
- A full-time teaching assistant to support accelerated learning in the class
- Wonderful children and a supportive community
- A warm and friendly working environment
- An inclusive school, where high standards and excellence is valued
- Staff that are supportive and dedicated to delivering the best possible outcomes for our children and families
- A dedicated governing body
- A personalised professional development plan, supported by coaching and mentoring to support career progression
If you feel that you can contribute to making a significant difference to the lives of our children, then please arrange a visit to come and have a look around or contact the executive headteacher to have a discussion before submitting an application.
An application may be submitted to the admin email address: [email protected]
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure which will be required of all candidates.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 17th May at midday.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified before Wednesday 18th May before 5.30pm
Interview Day: Monday 23rd May.