School: Barlow Church of England Primary School
Address: Park Road, Barlow, Selby, YO8 8ES
School Tel: 01757 618319
Email: [email protected]
Executive Headteacher: Mrs. Suzanne MacDonald
Job Title: Head of School L1-L3
Salary: Teacher’s Pay and Conditions
Hours: Full Time
Barlow Church of England Primary School
Full Time Head of School (Leadership Scale L1-L3), permanent – to start September 2022
The Executive Headteacher and Governors of The White Rose Federation are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher and Head of School to join our dedicated team at Barlow school.
It is a 3.5-day teaching commitment with 1.5-days PPA/Senior Leadership Time. During this time, the Head of School will be expected to work alongside the Executive Headteacher to support staff in school, with a focus on day-to-day operational organisation and the leadership of teaching and learning. The successful candidate will also be a subject leader and will have extra release time to fulfil this role.
We are looking for a person who:
• has experience of leading a subject area effectively
• is an excellent class teacher who can model outstanding practice
• is able to support and coach staff to improve teaching and learning opportunities for pupils
• has a passion for working with children and is kind, caring and flexible
• has excellent knowledge of the curriculum and a track record of high achievement
• has high expectations and demonstrates a commitment to raising standards and achieving the best for all our children, both academically and personally
• is committed to inclusion and to providing exciting and stimulating learning opportunities for children of all abilities
• is able to form successful relationships with parents and the wider community
We can offer:
• Engaged, lively and creative learners who take pride in their school
• A commitment to quality CPD
• A strong, forward-thinking leadership team
• Highly motivated, supportive, and committed colleagues
• An exceptional learning environment where all pupils can flourish
• An engaged, supportive and effective governing body
If you feel that you can contribute to making a significant difference to the lives of our children, then please arrange a visit to come and have a look around, or contact Suzanne MacDonald, the Executive Headteacher, to have a discussion before submitting an application. To do this, please contact Ellen Briggs, the school administrator, [email protected]
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure which will be required of all candidates.
PLEASE READ OUR ATTACHED LETTER TO APPLICANTS, WHICH PROVIDES FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR SCHOOL AND APPLICATION GUIDELINES.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 12th May at midday.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified on Thursday 12th May before 5.30pm.
Lesson observations of candidates own setting: Week beginning 16th May.
Interview day: Thursday 19th May.